Everyone has their own habits when it comes to cleaning. Some like to tackle one room at a time, others prefer going by tasks. Even professional house cleaning services have different methods. If you hire one in Mililani, you can be certain that your house will be spotless in no time. But when you want to do it yourself, having a checklist is a great way to simplify the entire process.
People underestimate the power of checklists. Whenever there are lots of tasks to accomplish, putting them all on paper gets it out of your head and helps you visualize everything, and cleaning is no exception.
In the following article, we’ll answer some common questions about home cleaning that will help you create a great housekeeping checklist, foster some good cleaning habits, and pick the right cleaning products for your home. Read on!
What rooms should you clean first?
Since cleaning can be an exhausting process, it’s best to start with the most difficult and dirtiest rooms. In many households, these are usually the bathrooms and the kitchen. Some people leave the bathroom for last because they’ll likely use it during cleaning. By tackling these two, everything else will feel like a breeze.
When you’re cleaning the kitchen, make sure to do it in a top-to-bottom order to prevent the dust from flying everywhere. Start with dusting the ceiling light and the tops of cabinets, and work your way down to the floor. In the bathroom, soak the toilet first and then do the other porcelain surfaces, while the product sits and disinfects the bowl.
What are the steps to cleaning a bedroom?
The bedroom is sometimes the easiest, and sometimes the most difficult room to tackle. Here’s how to do it in 6 simple steps:
- Make your bed. This is the first step because you’ll need space to temporarily put stuff on it while you sort everything out. If it’s time to change the sheets, air out your bedding and put a clean sheet on top of your bed.
- Clean under your bed. Getting everything out in plain sight helps with organizing it.
- Dust the top of your wardrobe, ceiling fixture, and all surfaces. Working your way down helps to get all the dust to the floor.
- Put the dirty clothes in the hamper, fold the rest. If something needs ironing, put it aside and take care of it later.
- Put away everything that doesn’t belong in the bedroom. It helps if you have a designated place for every object. That way you don’t have to think much when decluttering.
- Vacuum and mop the floor. Finishing off with this is the cherry on top of bedroom cleaning.
How do I clean different rooms fast?
A clean room is a healthy one. Did you know that you can actually become sick if you don’t keep your living space sanitized? Making sure that your faucets are disinfected prevents the spread of harmful bacteria. But this doesn’t take too much time to do, and you can fit it in your cleaning checklist without adding extra time to the process.
Every room has a basic order in which you can clean it. Some say that categorizing by tasks is faster, like cleaning windows in every room, then wiping down all the surfaces, etc. Of course, you should find the way that best suits you and your home. We recommend cleaning room-by-room, top-to-bottom, and finishing everything by vacuuming and mopping the whole house.
Where can I book professional house cleaning services in Mililani?
If you’re tired of having to constantly think about cleaning and all the things you need to do, feel free to call Maid in Oahu! The cleaners we work with are the best in all of Mililani! They will happily give your home a comprehensive cleaning while you take a relaxing day off and visit Wahiawa Botanical Garden with your friends and family. Reach out to us today!