Moving out can be a whirlwind of activity. Between sorting, packing, and coordinating with movers, it’s a busy time filled with a mix of excitement and stress. One critical task that’s often left until the last moment is cleaning the old place. It’s a chore that most of us would rather skip, but it’s an essential part of the moving process.
When it’s time to pack up and move on, the last thing you want to worry about is cleaning your old home. Whether you’re aiming to receive a full deposit back from your landlord or prepping the house for the new owners in Kapolei, move-out cleaning is an unavoidable part of the moving process.
But fear not, with these 10 quick and easy tidying-up hacks, your move-out day cleaning can be efficient and stress-free.
How to speed up cleaning when moving out?
The good news is that cleaning doesn’t have to be as daunting as it may initially seem. With a little planning and the right sanitation hacks, you can get your old home sparkling in no time. And even better news is that these hacks often involve items you already have on hand, so no need for a last-minute rush to the store.
When it comes to spiffing up, an organized approach will save you time and effort. Plan your cleaning around your packing, focusing on one room at a time, and make sure you’ve packed away most items before you start deep cleaning. With these 10 quick and easy hacks, you’ll speed up your move-out routine and be ready for a smooth move-out day in no time.
- Baking Soda Magic: This common household item is a versatile cleaning agent. For a grimy oven and stovetops, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply the paste, let it sit for 15 minutes, then scrub away. It also works wonders for stubborn stains on countertops and sinks.
- Vinegar Power: Vinegar is an excellent all-purpose cleaner. Use it diluted with water for window wiping, or undiluted to tackle limescale build-up in kettles and showerheads. Always remember to rinse after using vinegar to eliminate any lingering smell.
- Microfiber Madness: Microfiber cloths can be your best friend when cleaning. They’re ideal for dusting surfaces and give a streak-free finish when tackling mirrors or windows. Plus, they’re reusable!
- Toothpaste Trick: Believe it or not, non-gel toothpaste can help remove stains on walls and other hard surfaces. Apply a dab of toothpaste to the stain, scrub gently with a soft cloth, and rinse.
- Broom + Mop Combo: Don’t have a vacuum? Use a broom to gather up dust and debris, then follow with a mop to remove fine dust particles and wipe the floor.
- Magic Eraser Wonders: Invest in some magic erasers. They can remove stubborn marks and stains from a wide range of surfaces, including walls, floors, doors, and countertops. They’re particularly handy for cleaning up scuffs and smudges.
- The Lemon Fresh Solution: Half a lemon and some salt can do wonders for cleaning cutting boards and grubby surfaces. The salt acts as an abrasive, and the lemon juice is a natural bleach. This combo leaves your kitchen smelling fresh and balmy.
- Steam Cleaner: If you have it, don’t hesitate to use it! Steam cleaning is perfect for deep cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, and even carpets. This method uses hot steam to remove dirt, grime, and bacteria, leaving your surfaces looking new.
- Hair Dryer Heroics: Stickers and price tags leaving a sticky residue behind? Aim your hairdryer at them for a minute or two to loosen the glue, making the residue easy to wipe away.
- Pillowcase Dust Buster: Use an old pillowcase to clean ceiling fans without covering your floor in dust. Simply insert each fan blade into the pillowcase and wipe from the inner end outward. The dust will stay contained within the pillowcase instead of falling to the floor.
Where in Kapolei can I book a move-out cleaning?
If you’re preoccupied with the fuss of the relocation process, lean on our professional help to learn which areas should be on your move-out cleaning to-do list. We’ll take the hassle off of your plate so you can invest your energy and time in taking care of more important matters.
Give us a call while you’re driving down the Fort Barrette Road and we’ll ensure that your landlord is satisfied with your turnover and that your old spread is spiffed-up and ready to welcome the next guests. Give us a call today!