As coronavirus forces many countries into lockdown and precautionary measures are introduced worldwide, there is a growing number of questions surrounding the virus. What we know is that it can be transmitted through respiratory droplets scattered when an infected person sneezes or coughs, as well as from contaminated surfaces.
Apart from wearing protective masks, washing your hands, and practicing social distancing, what else can we do to stand up to COVID-19? Luckily, there are foolproof ways to get rid of coronavirus on surfaces. Learn some handy tips for keeping COVID-19 away from your home and stopping contagion. You could also hire a renowned maid service in Kailua to take care of the cleanliness of your house professionally. Read on!
Can you contract the coronavirus disease by touching a surface?
Since the start of the pandemic, a lot of myths about coronavirus have cropped up and dangerous misinformation has many of us confused. COVID-19 is a new virus that belongs to the group of coronaviruses. Research on it is underway, with new findings being made available to the public daily. Although there is a lot to be discovered about the virus, there are some facts we know for certain:
- Respiratory droplets: This is the main method of transmission of the virus. When someone infected with the virus sneezes or coughs, the droplets fly through the air. Someone who’s standing within 6 feet of the person can breathe them in and contract the virus.
- Aerosol: A person could catch coronavirus by breathing the air that contains it. It’s been shown that the virus can float in the air for as long as 3 hours.
- Surfaces: If someone who has COVID-19 sneezes or coughs on a surface, a healthy individual could be infected by touching the surface with the virus on it. This is why it’s crucial to disinfect the surfaces in our homes thoroughly, especially those that are frequently touched.
How long does coronavirus stay on surfaces?
The material of the surface determines how long coronaviruses will be able to survive on it. Overall, the lifespan of these viruses is longer on non-porous surfaces. Here is a list of some common high-touch household surfaces and the approximate lifespan of coronaviruses on them:
- Metal objects: Door handles, for example, can be home to coronaviruses for up to 5 days.
- Glass and ceramics: The glasses or cups you drink from may stay contaminated for 5 days, as well.
- Wooden objects: These viruses can live on wooden furniture items for up to 4 days.
- Plastic objects: Plastic items, such as remote controls and light switches, may carry the disease for up to 3 days.
- Stainless steel: The virus could stay on the kitchen or bathroom sink for 2 to 3 days.
- Fabrics: It is not entirely certain how long coronavirus can stay on clothes, carpets, and bedding. However, the virus isn’t likely to live on them for as long as it does on hard surfaces.
- Food and water: From what we know, coronavirus can’t be contracted from food or water.
What is the best way to clean and disinfect household surfaces?
Although people are most likely to get the virus from direct person-to-person contact, you can never be safe enough, so take proper precautions whenever you can. Keeping your home pristinely clean is one of the best methods to protect yourself and others from coronavirus.
After cleaning the surface with soap and dish detergent, use an EPA-registered disinfectant to sanitize all around the house. You can also apply diluted bleach on sinks, showers, or bathtubs. You should spray your cleaning solution on the area and then wipe it with a cloth.
Which superb maid service in Kailua should I hire?
Although you’d rather be taking in the sun at Lanikai Beach, we urge you to stay at home in order to stop the spread of coronavirus. Also, you should be meticulous about the hygiene of your house to kill off the pathogens that might have contaminated your surfaces. The help of outstanding Kailua cleaners can be a great asset in achieving this elusive goal.
Maid in Oahu can match you with a team of experienced and trustworthy cleaning experts. They wield high-quality disinfectants and cleaning equipment and are dedicated to keeping our customers healthy and happy. Don’t let anything stand in the way of immaculate cleanliness!