Senior UX Researcher and Marketing Consultant Étienne Garbugli used to believe that in order to achieve success you have to work harder and longer hours. Through time, he has learned that by efficiently managing his time and workload he can be more successful in his career.
In 2013, Garbugli’s 26 Time Management Hacks I Wish I’d known at 20 which drew million viewers was voted “Most Liked” presentation by Slide Share. He has released his very first book “Lean B2B: Build Products Businesses Want,” in 2014 and today is earning money via a Kickstarter campaign for the book Hacking Time: An Unconventional Guide to Finding Extra Hours in your days.
Below is the collection of lessons he’s learned over the years that can help entrepreneurs and professionals in Honolulu.
The main takeaways from this presentation are:
- Stop fearing failure; the more you fail, the more you learn, the more you get closer to accomplishing your goals.
- Stop being a perfectionist. Stop worrying about small details.
- Focus on energy management. Work on the most important tasks at the beginning of the day. Communicate effectively. Think your ways through. Take a break. Get enough sleep and nutrition.
- Always Time box: This lets you focus more on the task at hand, eliminate distraction, accomplish tasks efficiently and create a balance in your life.
- Surround yourself with productive and positive people.
What are the time-management strategies that you use to make 2015 the most profitable, kick ass year ever?